[vtk-developers] IEEE VIS 2014 contest

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Apr 2 14:48:26 EDT 2014

Greetings,

The 2014 IEEE Scientific Visualization Contest will be an official part of
IEEE VIS 2014. The VisContest offers researchers from the VIS community the
opportunity to transfer the latest developments in visual data analysis to
a challenging application scenario.

This year, the contest targets data from atmospheric research that captures
volcanic eruptions and their atmospheric aftermath. For the contest,
participants are challenged to create a comprehensive visualization of the
provided data that enables domain experts to gain a deeper understanding of
the volcanic eruption events and helps them better understand the
consequences for atmosphere and climate.

All of the raw data for the contest is provided in VTK format and the
sample screenshots have been made with ParaView. The submission
deadline is July
31, 2014. For more information on the contest, please visit
http://www.viscontest.rwth-aachen.de/. If you do use VTK or ParaView, let
us know and we would be happy to highlight your work on our websites.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive