[vtk-developers] VTK and OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:36:35 EDT 2013

Hi David, Sean, Bill,

In summary: VTK, WikiExamples using Qt5 all build Ok, but there are
problems with ITK relating to no member tr1 in std.

I was able to build VTK Ok once I download the command line tools for OSX
10.9. I am using the latest git version of VTK and Qt 5.1.1. I did delete
the build directories first before building.

My machine is a MacBook Pro mid 2010 8Gb RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 330M 512
graphics card.

I have some test failures, but nothing out of the ordinary for my machine:
250:vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestEmptyInput
251:vtkCommonCoreTcl-TestSetGet
255:vtkCommonCoreTcl-otherPrint
1379:vtkInteractionStylePython-TestStyleJoystickActor
1380:vtkInteractionStylePython-TestStyleJoystickCamera
1381:vtkInteractionStylePython-TestStyleTerrain
1382:vtkInteractionStylePython-TestStyleTrackballActor
1383:vtkInteractionStylePython-TestStyleTrackballCamera
1637:vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestBlurAndSobelPasses
1682:vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestSobelGradientMagnitudePass
1723:vtkRenderingTkPython-TestTkRenderWidget
1724:vtkRenderingTkPython-TestTkRenderWindowInteractor

In the case of the WikiExamples there are some test failures there too,
once again probably nothing out of the ordinary:
27:Filtering-ConstrainedDelaunay2D
88:Images-BorderPixelSize
144:Images-DrawOnAnImage
200:IO-IndividualVRML
235:IO-StructuredGridReader
278:Modelling-Delaunay3D
287:Plotting-LinePlot
386:PolyData-ExternalContour
445:Utilities-FullScreen
506:Visualization-Legend
547:Visualization-CorrectlyRenderTranslucentGeometry
563:VisualizationAlgorithms-CutWithCutFunction
564:VisualizationAlgorithms-CutWithScalars
586:Widgets-LogoWidget

In the case of ITK there is a build error in relation to Building CXX
object
Modules/Core/Common/CMakeFiles/ITKCommonHeaderTest2.dir/test/ITKCommonHeaderTest2.cxx.o

The error lies in:
*/Users/andrewmaclean/Development/Kitware/src/ITK/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkImageAlgorithm.h:51:16:
**error: *

*      no member named 'tr1' in namespace 'std'*
  typedef std::tr1::true_type  TrueType;

Not sure why because this built ok in OS 10.8.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean