[vtk-developers] VTK 5.10 does not compile on Mac 10.9

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Nov 11 08:03:33 EST 2013

Sorry, my earlier email wasn't clear enough. I was using 10.9 as an example
of something we WILL merge into 5.10. I've added more text below to make
what I meant clearer.

> Improvements and minor bug fixes, even if thoroughly tested in 6, are not
going
> onto 5.10. We are only going to bring over changes required to extend the
life of
> 5.10. Ie, <FIXES FOR THINGS LIKE> it won't compile on OS newest (mac 10.9
> for example), or it won't compile with dependency version newest (Tcl 8.6
for
> example) <WILL BE ACCEPTED>.

In related news, I updated the vtk_common.cmake dashboard script and setup
the first 5.10 submitter (dashlin1) Yesterday. Today I will set up Mac and
Windows submitters and tomorrow I will clean up or silence any minor issues
that turn up on them. Establishing a firm dashboard baseline was the last
thing keeping us from merging in fixes to 5.10.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive