[vtk-developers] vtk_common: Remove VTKData Blocks

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Fri May 24 11:48:14 EDT 2013

On 05/24/2013 11:20 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On 05/24/2013 10:57 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
>> I've attached a patch for the common dashboard script that stops cmake
>> from trying to update the no longer used VTKData directories.
>
> Thanks for following the instructions for updating this script :)

No problem, following instructions is easy...

> The patch looks correct for the intention, but the VTKData
> repository is still used for test inputs.  Only baseline
> images have been converted so far.

Oops. I didn't really think of the inputs as separate from the baselines.

Ah, so my test build (with the patch) passed because I still have
VTKData (detached head from just before the baselines were removed)
around for testing ParaView.

Are the input files going away in the future?

> Actually I was just working on converting VTKLargeData inputs
> to use ExternalData so we may be able to drop that repo soon:
>
>  http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/2814/

I'll look at it and respond in the other thread.