[vtk-developers] VTK without testing

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu May 23 15:26:47 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see what you mean. I'll try a clean build from the command line.
>
> If this works, I think there still is a bug. If I turn off testing after an
> initial cmake, there should be no generated tests.

At this point it becomes a bug in CMake/CTest rather than the VTK
build system though. We can certainly take this to them, and I agree
it is unexpected behavior. It seems like CMake should clean up the
test configuration files written in the first CMake run, but that is
something I doubt VTK should hack around.

I was unable to reproduce the core issue in terms of linking to VTK
without testing enabled - that works here and is something we have
been doing on the Open Chemistry dashboard for quite some time (we
never build VTK with tests enabled, but do link to several modules).

Marcus