[vtk-developers] VTK ExternalData default object store

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 21 13:44:25 EDT 2013

On 05/21/2013 01:40 PM, Brad King wrote:
> My argument is only that default behavior with *no* local configuration
> should not touch anything outside the source or build tree.

There are already several steps VTK developers run locally:

* Run Utilities/SetupForDevelopment.sh
* Clone VTKData
* Run CMake and point VTK_DATA_ROOT at VTKData

We can fold local configuration needed to enable an external default
into one or more of those steps.  I'm working on a patch to do this
and will push for review.

-Brad