[vtk-developers] [VTK 0014066]: vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 disappears when moved to the borders of the scene

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue May 14 05:54:23 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=14066
Reported By:                Hagen
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   14066
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-05-14 05:54 EDT
Hi,

Whenever I move a vtkImplicitPlaneWidget2 to the borders of the scene it
disappears.

This behavior can be easily demonstrated using the ImplicitPlaneWidget2 example
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Widgets/ImplicitPlaneWidget2). After
executing the example rotate the scene to position the camera view to diagonal
from above. Next, move the mouse over the ImplicitPlaneWidget2 to highlight it.
Next, drag the ImplicitPlaneWidget2 down to the bottom of the scene by holding
down the left mouse button and moving the mouse downwards. If the
ImplicitPlaneWidget2 reaches the bottom of the scene it just disappears. If you
release the left mouse button in this state you can no longer select the
ImplicitPlaneWidget2 with your mouse pointer.

Small side note: I do not understand why the plane only disappears when moving
the plane to the bottom of the scene of the ImplicitPlaneWidget2 example. In my
own application it also disappears when I move the plane to the top of the
scene.

I am using VTK 5.10.1 on Ubuntu 12.04 / 13.04.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change