[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code organization application

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Mar 29 14:42:11 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> We chatted about this last week, and decided to put in an organization
> application for VTK again this year (we didn't apply last year, but
> took part in 2011 successfully). I have added an ideas page to our
> wiki in preparation for that,
>
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2013
>
> I will act as the organization administrator, and Jeff Baumes will act
> as the backup. At this stage we are collecting ideas on this page that
> could be accomplished by a student working over the summer. For more
> details of the program see https://google-melange.appspot.com/ with
> the organization application deadline falling on Friday March 29.

Just to confirm I submitted our application earlier today, and expect
to hear back by April 8. I also worked with the ITK developers a
little to help them prepare their application - wish us both luck ;-)

I think we have a great collection of ideas, thanks to everyone who
contributed and contacted me about their ideas.

Marcus