[vtk-developers] Google Summer of Code organization application

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 13:41:02 EDT 2013

Hi,

We chatted about this last week, and decided to put in an organization
application for VTK again this year (we didn't apply last year, but
took part in 2011 successfully). I have added an ideas page to our
wiki in preparation for that,

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2013

I will act as the organization administrator, and Jeff Baumes will act
as the backup. At this stage we are collecting ideas on this page that
could be accomplished by a student working over the summer. For more
details of the program see https://google-melange.appspot.com/ with
the organization application deadline falling on Friday March 29.

We would appreciate potential ideas, matched with potential mentors,
being proposed here initially. We have seeded a few, and have promises
from others to get more in. As a mentor there is a significant time
commitment, but it can also be very rewarding and it is a great way to
get students involved in open source over the summer.

Thanks,

Marcus