[vtk-developers] Ninja-based CDash at home client?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 27 12:45:16 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:
> Well it seemed to work for the past week until 2 days ago. If you look at
> this build history in this filtered view, and sort by "Build Time":
>

> http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK&filtercount=3&showfilters=1&filtercombine=and&field1=buildname/string&compare1=61&value1=Win32-ninja-Release&field2=buildstarttime/date&compare2=83&value2=2013-03-17&field3=buildstarttime/date&compare3=84&value3=now
>
> ...you can see that I turned python on the day it started having "222"
> warnings and 462 more tests started running. It built just fine for 5 days
> in a row, and then, for the last 2 days, has yielded this new error.

I would say you were probably lucky, like I said we tried it several
times (on Linux - maybe the state was better on other platforms) and
it was very unreliable. Chris mentioned that Utkarsh was able to build
ParaView with wrapping though, so maybe it was precarious? It was
certainly known to be unreliable, and I saw the exact error you are
seeing when it failed. It looks like David Gobbi has an initial patch
at least, hopefully that will work for you.

Marcus