[vtk-developers] Ninja-based CDash at home client?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 27 08:41:03 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM, David Cole <dlrdave at aol.com> wrote:
> The dashboards from mirkwood this morning would argue for us adding a
> ninja-based CDash at home + python wrapped client. There's something about the
> wrapping hierarchy custom command rules that's not working in a ninja
> parallel build... Probably just a missing dependency, but this issue could
> have been caught at an earlier stage if we had python wrapping turned on
> with a ninja build system on one of the CDash at home clients.

As far as I am aware this has never worked, I have tried it a couple
of times but the Ninja generator was very new. If you type ninja
enough times then it works, but this has been present since the ninja
generator was added to the best of my knowledge.

> Can somebody set one up like that?

The wrapper code really doesn't change that much either, so it seems
like overkill adding a CDash at Home client. I think someone would need
to volunteer to fix it, and if they did why wouldn't a nightly
submission suffice?

The ninja generator still seems to have a few rough edges, although I
would love to get the wrapping working so that I can use it for more
projects. Another major flaw is the lack of support for Fortran, which
is needed in several projects and is pretty frustrating.

My $0.03...

Marcus