[vtk-developers] Should we halt gerrit merges?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Mar 26 15:54:30 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't you try the patch during the day on a failing nightly?

I asked Rob to try a Windows Python experimental on the topic, it is
very low risk as we tracked the issue to the wrap hierarchy seeing new
headers and the patch removes them from the module headers
(effectively reverting the majority of the part of the patch that
added more headers to the vtkCommonCore module). It was an unforeseen
issue, but I think the best path is to merge fixes but will hopefully
here back from Rob shortly.

I am out of the office, and will probably be in and out tomorrow, are
you wanting to block merging fixes in too until they are manually run
on Windows? The two topics are minimal changes to fix the issues we
saw in the results to the nightly, and without the coverage of the
nightly dashboards it will be hard to be certain we covered all of the
corner cases.

Marcus