[vtk-developers] Any objections to rename "VTK_LARGE_ID" to be consistent...

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 22 18:31:34 EDT 2013

Hi again,

Looking in vtkType.h we see things like VTK_INT_MIN and VTK_INT_MAX and lots of other MIN and MAX varieties.

I came across this snippit: "-VTK_LARGE_ID-1" and thought, 'Why didn't he use the MIN variant?'  Well, there isn't one.

Anyone object to:
 - a rename of VTK_LARGE_ID to VTK_ID_MAX
 - a find-replace of the 58 instances of VTK_LARGE_ID to VTK_ID_MAX
 - the creation of VTK_ID_MIN
 - a find-replace of the 2 instances of -VTK_LARGE_ID-1 to VTK_ID_MIN
 - adding VTK_LARGE_ID in VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE for backwards compatibility

I think it would improve consistency and readability.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com