[vtk-developers] Failures on murron and bubbles

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Mar 20 14:07:01 EDT 2013

I like the idea of having the nightly expected being just for the
particular platforms and dependency releases we explicitly support.

I also like the fact that when submitters like these test dev head of our
deps we know when there is trouble brewing.

The problem we just hit is that it isn't obvious from a quick glance at the
dashboard which test releases and which don't. A new dashboard section
would make it obvious. The nightly section itself could fill that roll if
we all agree now that that is what it is for and remember that from now
on. Another problem is that the NIghtly section hasn't been maintained well
enough for us to know if the dashboards in there _should_ be passing. As it
is now we treat Nightly like an experimental section and for the most part
ignore it.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer