[vtk-developers] Adding VTKData and VTKLargeData as optional submodules

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Mar 6 13:47:37 EST 2013

I will leave that to Berk, I was clarifying what was actually being
suggested. I listed pros/cons as we saw them, such as once I merge in
a topic that changes the baseline all topics branched from an earlier
master will begin to fail for no particular reason. This may or may
not be that much of an issue.

Once we have the time then I (and I believe Berk) am totally behind
moving to the external data solution, which is superior to this
approach and seems to have had most of the kinks worked out by now.

Marcus