[vtk-developers] Dropping VTKData for test inputs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jun 7 11:54:01 EDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 11:17 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
> So what should we dashboard maintainers do?

If you switch to the 'dashboard' branch vtk_common.cmake
helper as documented here:

 http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git/Dashboard

It should work automatically.

>  If I've followed this correctly, we now need:
>
> ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES:STRING=${CTEST_DASHBOARD_ROOT}/ExternalData
>
> But can remove:
>
> VTK_DATA_ROOT:PATH=${CTEST_DASHBOARD_ROOT}/VTKData
> VTK_LARGE_DATA_ROOT:PATH=${CTEST_DASHBOARD_ROOT}/VTKLargeData

Yes.  The vtk_common.cmake script now does this.

> Will buildbots always fetch both small and large data now?

Normal data will be fetched but you need to turn on
VTK_USE_LARGE_DATA to get the large data.

-Brad