[vtk-developers] minimum Mesa Version for VTK?

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 19:43:42 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm investigating a couple test failures(below) on p90n03.pbm.ihost.com
build AIX00F614-xlC.

That system uses a relatively old OS Mesa from Mesa release, 7.0.4 from
2008 (glGetString output below). These tests hadn't been running before
as FBO support was unconditionally disabled by VTK with OS Mesa. The
tests pass with newer OS Mesa(9.1.3 and git)

from test output it looks like it might be solvable. I thought I'd
download 7.0.4  to see if I could reproduce the errors and find a
solution but Mesa's download site only goes back as far as 7.5.1. Before
I go further I'd like to ask if it wouldn't make sense to have a floor
on Mesa version for VTK or for VTK's dashboard systems? I'm not sure if
it's really worth coding to the quirks in such an old version of mesa.

GL_VENDOR: Brian Paul
GL_VERSION: 2.0 Mesa 7.0.4
GL_RENDERER: Mesa OffScreen

Name 	Status 	Time Status 	Time 	Details
[flag] vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestBlurAndSobelPasses
<http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=11&name=vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestBlurAndSobelPasses&date=2013-07-12>
	Failed
<http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=198621474&build=2963345>
Passed
<http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=198621474&build=2963345> 	3s
340ms 	Completed (Failed)
[flag] vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestSobelGradientMagnitudePass
<http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=11&name=vtkRenderingOpenGLCxx-TestSobelGradientMagnitudePass&date=2013-07-12>
	Failed
<http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=198621525&build=2963345>
Passed