[vtk-developers] Can't create new instance of VTK object

mr.freak20 at web.de mr.freak20 at web.de
Sun Jul 7 07:18:57 EDT 2013

Hey boys and girls,

First of all sorry for my bad english and i'm totally new to VTK.
I want to create an 3D point plot / 3D scatter plot with VTK in QT.
What i have seen so far (examples) looks so great, but i can't get it
working. I followed the setup/tutorial on
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Tutorials/QtSetup

I've build in "release", like it's said in the notice ("MUST build in
Release"), appended the Release in my batch-file and so on.
If i start the programm, it crashes on
static vtkSmartPointer<T> New()
     {
->    return vtkSmartPointer<T>(T::New(), NoReference());
     }

VTKBenchmark.exe isn't working also.

I would really appreciate any help, because after seeing so many good
and beautiful examples, i don't want anything other. :)
Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Conan