[vtk-developers] Bounding box of an actor in a specific renderwindow

Christoph Kolb c.kolb at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 5 06:06:38 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to find an elegant way to get the position and size of a rendered object in the renderwindow.
Is there already an algorithm to compute this?
If not: is it appropriate to use the vtkCamera to project the 3D bounding box to the renderwindow?

I have already asked this on the users list a while ago, but got no answer. I am currently using vtk5, but if you can tell me that there is a solution for this in vtk6, I am happy as well.

Thank you!
Christoph