[vtk-developers] vtkHyperOctree Deep Copy

Trevor Irons trevorirons at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:25:53 EST 2013

Thanks. Two quick points

a) I will happily adopt a more flexible Octree class. That is great.

b) In the mean time, I would really like to get some kind of true deep copy
pushed into VTK for the HyperOctree Class. I certainly consider this a bug.
I realize parts of my patch are a little kludgy (mainly the static_cast)
but the vtkHyperOctree class already had a fair bit of this, so I was
pretty consistent with the existing codebase. I'm terrified of having to
maintain my branch during such a dynamic development phase in VTK. My
application relies on making deep copies of these objects.

Thanks so much.

-- Trevor