[vtk-developers] SampleMFC, VTK 5.10.1, PrintPreview does not work

Doug Rumbaugh drumbaughsr at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:50:19 EST 2013

I have software written using Microsoft Visual C++ using MFC; currently using
Visual Studio 2008.  I used VTK 4.4.2 and followed
Examples\GUI\Win32\SampleMFC for the code to do Print Preview by using
MemoryRendering.  It has worked fine until I moved to VTK 5.10.1; Print
Preview and rendering to memory stopped working on my 64-bit computers even
when running a 32-bit application.  I compared the SampleMFC source code
with the older version of VTK and the code example is the same with respect
to memory rendering yet it does not work anymore.  I confirmed that
SampleMFC PrintPreview does not work.  The interesting thing is that the
32-bit version of my application running on an older WinXP computer works
fine.  On my 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows7 computers it does not work.

Everyting VTK seems to work fine during screen rendering and printing, only
rendering to memory fails.  When I say fails, I mean the screen is blank.
No VTK debug errors are reported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.