[vtk-developers] Polyhedral Cell and pvtu bugs

Jamil Appa jamil.appa at zenotech.com
Wed Jan 16 08:30:16 EST 2013

Hi

    I have uncovered (and fixed) several bugs relating to the handling of
polyhedral cells in the pvtu reader vtkXMLPUnstructuredGridReader and
subsequent operations in vtkUnstructuredGrid.

    I am stuck trying to resolve a bug when attempting to clip the volume.
The clip filter works correctly when I invoke it with Crinkle clip enabled
in Paraview 3.98 but fails without. The failure appears to be that the
vtkUnstructuredGrid input to vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter contains CellData but
all the arrays are of zero size.

    Does anyone know which class generates the input that is used by
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter when the Clip Filter in invoked?

 Thanks

  Jamil

--
Jamil Appa | Co-Founder and Director | Zenotech
+447747606788 | [image: View Jamil Appa's LinkedIn

jamil.appa at zenotech.com[image: Zenotech] <http://www.zenotech.com>Zenotech
Ltd | University Gate East | Park Row | Bristol | BS1 5UB
Registered Address: 1 Larkfield Grove | Chepstow | Monmouthshire | NP16 5UF
| UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 7926926 VAT No: 128198591