[vtk-developers] VTK_LEGACY =>invalid redeclaration of nested class and 2952d8f7bce83e318a233048606b14997b4991a1

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 14 12:50:39 EST 2013

On 01/14/2013 12:01 PM, Eric Chamberland wrote:
> ok, but now what is the correct branch to checkout to contribute for
> this, since in the master the code is already corrected (removed)?

There are two areas of code involved:

- The VTK_LEGACY macro definition in vtkSetGet.h
- Use of the macro in rendering classes

The latter has been removed in master, the former should be fixed in
both the release and master branches.

> And I understand that you *want* to keep the VTK_LEGACY declarations in
> the 5.10.X releases, am I right?

Yes, but we can fix the VTK_LEGACY macro itself to avoid this warning.
You can start from the upstream "release" branch:

 git checkout -b VTK_LEGACY-access-warning origin/release

in order to test the release build with this change to see if the
warning goes away.

-Brad