[vtk-developers] londinium/debug dynamic library issues

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Feb 18 08:32:11 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> I was traveling when you posted this, and now it seems that the CDash
>> entries have been deleted (I can't go back that far). I just updated
>> the packages on the machine, and am rerunning the tests now. It seems
>> like Tcl is in a bad state on that machine (I maintain it). Looking
>> into it, I have a very similar machine that acts as my main
>> development system that suffers from none of these failures.
>
> If you are wondering about the londinium/release dashboard, the reason
> the  VTK 5.10 Tcl wrappers fail to compile on londinium is that VTK
> 5.10 lacks a crucial patch (792a0602) to allow it to work with Tcl
> 8.6.  It would be nice to have this patch backported to the release
> branch, even if no future 5.10 releases are planned.

I did wonder what commit achieved that, I will see if I can get Dave
DeMarle to cherry-pick the patch. The odd thing is two submissions
showed improvement, but not the main debug build. That said, a rebuild
from the previous day hung, so I may restart that submission once I
get in and can keep an eye on it.

Thanks,

Marcus