[vtk-developers] Gerrit request build

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 11:55:12 EST 2013

We also need to start enforcing a rule that you CANNOT approve with only one reviewer unless the Gerrit CDash at home builds are totally green.

Does anybody object to starting that immediately, now that we are getting closer to green eveywhere?

Obviously, there will be exceptional cases, but 99% of the gerrit topics should be totally green before merging. One of the exceptions I can think of right away is to fix an important dashboard error elsewhere that has not shown up on the CDash at home builds. In such a case, I would still think it wise to wait for green gerrit builds, but at a minimum, there should be multiple people who build and test it themselves.