[vtk-developers] ppc-debug dashboard link error

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 16:08:53 EST 2013

If I were going to analyze this problem (and I'm not, that's why I'm telling you how I would if I were going to.....) then I would:

- gather up all the matches of "[Pp]ython" from the CMakeCache.txt file
- compare/contrast that with your initial explicitly specified cache variables
- look in the FindPy* modules (VTK, built into CMake, custom?) to see what variables are actually used for VTK-wrapped python, and then...

- specify the set of variables needed by those find modules to come up with the right cache contents

Unfortunately, the python stuff is still a bit messy. There's no way to get a consistent set of stuff just by setting a single variable like you can with Qt and QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE.