[vtk-developers] Missing ConfigureEvent in VTK Cocoa

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:21:37 EST 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:21:04 -0700, David Gobbi said:
>
>>> Looks like it.  A quick search of the code base leaves me unsure about
>>> what it would do exactly... notification of a change in size of the OpenGL
>>> drawing context?
>>
>>Pretty much.  I think it should be linked to NSWindowDidResizeNotification.
>
> I suspect it would be more correct to link it to the size of the NSView
> changing.  But again, it depends what the semantics of this thing are
> supposed to be.  It's not the case in any of the VTK unit tests I don't
> think, but in the SimpleCocoaVTK example code there is one NSWindow
> with two NSViews showing VTK content.

What is the best way to capture a change in the NSView size?

The semantics are simple: immediately after the view size has changed
(i.e. whatever rectangular region corresponds to the vtkRenderWindow),
a ConfigureEvent is invoked.  At the time when ConfigureEvent is invoked,
the view must have already achieved its new size.

  David