[vtk-developers] gerrit - bug fix process

Dean Inglis inglis.dl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:02:43 EDT 2013

Hi
I am fairly new to using the gerrit review process to address a bug fix
but am not a member of VTK-core group and have some questions:

when sharing a topic:
- who from the group should I assign to my topic ? (it might be useful to
know
  from Wiki/VTK/Git/Develop what areas of VTK those members are involved
with)
- do I need to contact a group member first and ask their permission before
  assignment ?
- how many members should I assign to ?

in general:
- is there a reasonable time expectation for topic reviews to be completed
or
  responded to ? (it might be useful if topics were categorized with time
to review/completion
  stats were available)
- are bug fixes automatically incorporated into earlier branches / tags ?

thnx,
Dean