[vtk-developers] TestMathTextFreeTypeTextRenderer depends on matplotlib?

Kathleen S. Biagas biagas2 at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 25 13:01:53 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I wanted to run the freetype cxx tests (Rendering/FreeType/Testing/Cxx),
but during configure, I get this message:

Matplotlib not found! MathText rendering will not be available until it
is installed. Disabling tests.

After the build, I ran
ctest -R TestMathText

TestMathTextFreeTypeTextRendererNoMath was the only test that ran.

If I comment out the Matplotlib references in the CMakeLists.txt file,
and rebuild, then both TestMathTextFreeTypeTextRenderer and
TestMathTextFreeTypeTextRendererNoMath run and pass.

Is there something I'm missing in the requirement of Matplotlib for this
test?  Or can this be removed?

Kathleen