[vtk-developers] [VTK 0014034]: Bug in vtkCellArray::WritePointer function

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Apr 25 04:30:35 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=14034
Reported By:                santosh
Assigned To:
Project:                    VTK
Issue ID:                   14034
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-04-25 04:30 EDT
In vtkCellArray::WritePointer function the InsertLocation member variable is
becoming zero. After using WritePointer function if user use
vtkCellArray::GetInsertLocation, it is giving incorrect location as
InsertLocation is not getting updated.

I got this issue when I was using output of vtkAppendPolyData. I am inserting
new linked polys using vtkPolyData::InsertNextLinkedCell. While using this API
the cells are not getting updated correctly and because of which I was getting
issues in my algorithm which is based on topological information.

I have modified function vtkCellArray::WritePointer and everything is working
fine. Following is the modified code of the function

inline vtkIdType *vtkCellArray::WritePointer(const vtkIdType ncells,
                                             const vtkIdType size)
{
  this->NumberOfCells = ncells;
  this->TraversalLocation = 0;
  vtkIdType* pIdArray = this->Ia->WritePointer(0,size);
  this->InsertLocation = this->Ia->GetMaxId() + 1;
  return pIdArray;
}

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change