[vtk-developers] OpenGL Extension loading with OSMesa?

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 19:01:27 EDT 2013

On 4/17/2013 3:05 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 05:13 PM, Burlen Loring wrote:
>> it will be interesting to see the dashboards now that some of the
>> extension dependent code will run. I wouldn't be surprised to see some
>> failures. The surface LIC doesn't run correctly, for one thing there's a
>> bug in Mesa 9.1.1 where GL_ARB_texture_float isn't built when requested.
>> After patching so that it's built I'm finding other issues with the
>> shaders and render to texture, the result textures are empty/clear.
>>
> Indeed very interesting.
>
> I also regularly build VTK against mesa from git. The OSMesa
> driver was just switched to the Gallium llvmpipe driver which is
> built for speed.
>
> As a plus with Gallium I can set a shell variable to change the
> OSMesa driver at runtime to the softpipe driver which is built
> for correctness.
>
> I've already been able to tell the Mesa developers that a VTK
> test passes with Gallium on NV95 (err whatever my graphics card
> is) and Gallium softpipe, but fails with gallium llvmpipe whether
> or not OSMesa is used.
>
> I will be _very_ interested in tomorrow's dashboard.

that's very exciting news! I can't wait to try the lvvmpipe backend.

This dashboard
(http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2878681) was run
with the following OS Mesa config and patch for texture float ext. A few
tests do fail

./configure --prefix=/work/PV/apps/Mesa-9.1.1 --enable-shared
--disable-static --enable-texture-float --enable-osmesa
--with-osmesa-bits=32 --disable-gallium-llvm --disable-dri --disable-egl
--disable-glx --with-gallium-drivers= --with-dri-drivers=