[vtk-developers] Failing python tests on mongo.kitware

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:45:35 EDT 2013

Thanks for your comments Berk, these were tests that I modified. All are
fixed now, there is nothing wrong with the test machine. I had left code in
which worked when testing in windows but not in Linux.

Just a big thanks to all you who spent a lot of effort at the end
of February making the dashboards green. See:
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/459. It made my life so easy doing
this rather large commit I am happy to buy all the participants a beer.

I just realised that I have changed roughly a third of the Python tests.
This would have been very difficult to do if the dashboard wasn't green.

Regards
   Andrew

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Are those all tests that you modified? It is not clear from the error
> whether it is the X error or the leak that cause the error. If the X error
> leads to a crash, it might print false leak information. Did you locally
> compile with VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS to verify?
>
> If you can't trace it, one of us can try to track it on the machine.
>
> -berk
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Sorry about that, I have removed "Tcl-isms" such as lindex etc. in around
>> 131 python tests. See: http://review.source.kitware.com/10819.  Of these
>> tests 12 are failing:
>> http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2872246
>>
>> I'll look into these in about 12 hours time. All these tests passed on my
>> Windows 8 machine. If anyone has any advice regarding these failures, feel
>> free to comment.
>>
>> Regards
>>    Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean