[vtk-developers] The vtkTkRenderWidget in VTK 6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 12:07:36 EDT 2012

The vtkTkRenderWidget patch is stuck in gerrit so I'm here on the list
begging for reviewers.  I really want to get this into VTK and onto
the dashboards before the 6.0 release.  There are tons of old but
useful examples (in both Tcl and Python) that use the TkRenderWidget.
There are also some currently de-activated tests that we can
reactivate after this patch is merged.

http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/1118/

I have to warn people in advance that the way that the CMake files
find the Tcl/Tk libraries is fairly messy.  It looks like around five
years ago someone moved the code that finds the Tcl and Tk libs
into vtkWrapTcl.cmake, which worked fine with pre-modular VTK but
messes things up now that everything is modular, it forces us to load
vtkWrapTcl.cmake in odd places.  This is something that will have to
be fixed eventually (not only for the Tcl libs, but for the Python
libs as well) but it isn't something I'll have time to work on before
the release.

 - David