[vtk-developers] Module interface files

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:46:29 EDT 2012

For external documentation generation and external wrapper generation.
I want to be able to document or even wrap a class even though the
developers marked it with WRAP_EXCLUDE.  As an example, I have
a tool that generates xml documentation for all the VTK classes, and
it is meant to document all the classes, not just the wrapped ones.

Even VTK's own python wrappers are already wrapping several files that
are marked WRAP_EXCLUDE, e.g. vtkSparseArray, vtkDenseArray,
vtkVariant, the templated vtkVector class, and several helper classes
like vtkArrayCoordinates that are needed in order to make the vtkArray
classes usable from python.

 - David