[vtk-developers] IGNORE_WRAP_EXCLUDE dropped by modularization (was: vtkGenericOpenGLRenderWindow crashes TestSetGet)

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:24:28 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> The modular build system transition removed IGNORE_WRAP_EXCLUDE:
>
>  http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c1471f1#patch33
>
> Therefore the WRAP_EXCLUDE property of vtkTextureUnitManager is
> honored, so it does not appear in vtkRenderingOpenGLHierarchy.txt, so
> when wrapping vtkOpenGLRenderWindow::GetTextureUnitManager the wrapper
> assumes it is a normal VTK class.

Yes, this is the problem.  The vtkWrapHierarchy tool is supposed to
process all of the header files, not just the wrapped ones.

I've made the appropriate modifications to vtkWrapHierarchy.cmake,
but now I'm seeing another problem.  For some reason,
vtkWrapHierarchy.cmake is having trouble computing the absolute
path for some header files (specifically for the headers in
IO/LSDyna/private).  As soon as I fix this secondary problem,
I'll push a patch to gerrit.

 - David