[vtk-developers] Merging remove VTK 4 compatibility branch on Wednesday

Kyle Lutz kyle.lutz at kitware.com
Wed Mar 7 15:03:57 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
> <marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We think that the remove-vtk-4-compatibility is ready to be merged to
>> master, and plan to make the merge on Wednesday. Berk has described
>> this work previously, and it involves a large number of changes.
>
> This was successfully merged by Brad this morning, right before all
> network access went down in our office (still trying to figure out if
> the two events were related). We are back online now, please let us
> know if you encounter any problems after the merge. You may need to
> rebase any old topics, and ensure you account for the changes
> introduced in this merge to the pipeline and other related areas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcus

After pulling from gerrit and re-compiling I started seeing many
overloaded-virtual warnings from GCC (version 4.6.1):

/home/kyle/VTK/Filtering/vtkAlgorithm.h:379:16: warning: ‘virtual void
vtkAlgorithm::Update(int)’ was hidden [-Woverloaded-virtual]
/home/kyle/VTK/Rendering/vtkPolyDataMapper.h:54:8: warning:   by
‘virtual void vtkPolyDataMapper::Update()’ [-Woverloaded-virtual]

The same error is repeated for many (all?) of the classes that inherit
from vtkAlgorithm.

-kyle