[vtk-developers] QVTKRenderWindowInteractor OpenGL bug fix

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:57:08 EDT 2012

Clinton,

Thank you for pointing that out on gerrit. You are right about the
multiple context issue. I made some more tests and had the following
results:

1) The original wrapper (QWidget) with Matthieu's fix [1] works fine
under Windows x86_64. No need to switch to a QGLWidget.
2) The crash with the original code (QWidget) happens on Linux x86_64
(Ubuntu 11.10), nVidia drivers 295.20. The backtrace points to
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx:624
3) Changing the display/window id (SetDisplayId()/SetWindowId())
results in a (different) crash. The backtrace points to
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx:585. The dpy->ext_data and w parameters of
the XChangeWindowAttributes method are set to the values returned by
the QWidget x11Info().display() and winId().

I'm stuck. Do you have any pointers/clues on:

1) The reason of the crash with the original code?
2) How to get the OpenGL context from VTK so I can assign it to the
QGLWidget, if possible?

Feel free to ask for more information.

[1]: http://review.source.kitware.com/#/t/831/

Regards,