[vtk-developers] Wrapping/Tools

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:29:28 EDT 2012

Going with the general flow of modularization, I'm wondering if the
wrapping tools like Wrapping/vtkWrapPython.c should be moved to a new
directory called Wrapping/Tools.

Pros: A Wrapping/Tools directory would nicely fit the two-level
directory structure that VTK has adopted.

Cons: Wrapping/Tools can't be made into a proper "module" as far as I
understand it, because it isn't a library for other modules to link
to.  Rather, it is a set of executables that other modules need to
execute during the build process.

Main reason that I'm wondering is that I have some changes to the
wrapper tools that I want to merge, and they include an overhaul of
Wrapping/CMakeLists.txt.  So it seems to make sense that if the
wrapper tools are going to be moved, then the move should be done
prior to the merge.

 - David