[vtk-developers] heads up - vtk 5.10 branch is coming soon

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Feb 25 17:50:52 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hey everybody.
>
> We are about to start the vtk5.10 release cycle. We would like to
> branch as soon as this coming weekend - but if there are features out
> there that are currently in progress and which are nearly finished, we
> could delay a week or two for you to get them cleanly into master
> before the branch happens.
>
> So, if you are currently working on features that you want to get into
> this release, please reply all to this email and let us know what the
> feature is and where you are at with it so we can plan accordingly.

The dashboards had a compile failure on them today (already reviewed
and merged the fix), and I have several API changes and compile fixes
I would like to get in. Julien Finet also let me know that there is a
fix they are hoping to get in for Slicer, but the earliest it would be
ready is Monday. My fixes are ready to go in once they have been
reviewed. I am adding a Clang 3.0 Linux nightly submission to catch
future issues with Clang on Linux.

Thanks,

Marcus