[vtk-developers] vtksys_ios:: versus std::

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 6 17:00:40 EST 2012

On 2/6/2012 4:55 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> We replaced vtkstd:: with std::
>
> As part of the modernization of VTK, should we replace vtksys_ios:: with std:: ?

That sounds like a good idea if it is possible.

Many of the uses of vtksys_ios:: are to refer to ostringstream.
KWSys provides a compatibility implementation to simulate modern
stringstream classes on compilers that have only the old strstream.
I do not know if we have dropped support for all such compilers.

-Brad