[vtk-developers] Patch for vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor TerminateApp behavior

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Aug 7 13:50:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 19:11:55 -0400, Pat Marion said:

>Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to look over the patch details!
>If we decide to proceed with the patch, you said some more changes might be
>needed, any hints what those might be?

Sorry for not elaborating, I was just leaving work when I wrote that.  And now I'm off on vacation for two weeks.  :(

I don't object to you committing this as is for now.  When I get back, I can expand on your change.  Basically, from what you're saying we don't need any of that code that terminates the process, ever. Also, we should review when we register/unregister for window closing notifications.  Currently the start and stop methods are not very symmetric, IIRC.

If you do commit, I suggest you update the doxy comments for TerminateApp() at the same time.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com