[vtk-developers] Science module directory

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 9 21:28:00 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In Modular, I've noticed that Chemistry, Charts, Geovis, AMR only have
> Core.  I'm wondering if people have opinions about where they could
> go, to reduce the number of directories at the root.
>
> My thoughts are:
>
> Science/Chemistry
> Filters/AMR
> Rendering/Charts
> Rendering/Geovis
>
> It seems that Views also belongs in Rendering, but it already has
> subdirectories other than Core.

I was trying to think of a good top level container for some of these
modules. I agree that Chemistry, Charts, Geovis and AMR all seem like
candidates for being moved. If we had Science that could be good for
future growth, although right now swaps one top level for another.

If anyone can think of anything appropriate for three or four of them
that would be great. There are a lot of modules in Rendering, and I
would love to use a different top level for more specialized rendering
types/implementations.

Marcus