[vtk-developers] ANN: VTK modularization - merging this Monday

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Apr 9 17:17:07 EDT 2012

> What is your question? Views/Infovis is not in StandAlone because it
> needs Boost. This is due to vtkPipelineGraphSource, although taking a
> look that class does not seem to be used by anything else in views. I
> will prepare a patch to move it, and can then remove the dependency.
> Is that your issue, that you would like to remove the Boost dependency
> from views?

In short, yes I would recommend we remove the Boost dependency for
Views/Infovis and move vtkPipelineGraphSource somewhere else.

Basically View/Infovis should not need Boost other than the reason you
mentioned, also since we have this CMake flag "Module_vtkInfovisBoost",
then vtkPipelineGraphSource should be built only when I
set Module_vtkInfovisBoost to ON.

Thanks,