[vtk-developers] ANN: VTK modularization - merging this Monday

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:06:00 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It is moved to Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/CMakeLists.txt by the next
>>> commit after that.  Then the "Add" commit adds a new one in the
>>> old location with different content.
>>>
>>> The modularization transition touches a huge number of files.
>>> Do not try to pull it into a tree with local mods.
>>
>> My tree had no local mods.  Perhaps my git has bugs (git version 1.7.5.1).
>> When I merged each new commit individually, instead of using "git pull",
>> everything worked perfectly.
>>
> That is really odd, I did a git pull on the Mac using Snow Leopard,
> case insensitive normal file system and git 1.7.9. I also tried the
> same on Windows 7, NTFS and git 1.7.4 without issue. It should not be
> necessary to individually merge the new commits, and on Linux the
> paths are normally distinct due to the case sensitive file system.

Just a quick follow-up.  Whenever I use "git checkout" to move between
a pre-modular branch and a post-modular branch (or vice-versa), I get
the same error about "Utilities/KWSys/CMakeLists.txt".  It's pretty
annoying, so I'll definitely update to the latest version of git and
hope that the problem goes away.  This is Snow Leopard,
case-insensitive hfs+.

 - David