[vtk-developers] reviewers to add?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Oct 11 13:36:20 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:23 PM, tom fogal <tfogal at sci.utah.edu> wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 11:18 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:48:44 -0600, tom fogal said:
>>>
>>> I can't find any information on reviewers to add.  There's now some
>>> patches that I feel are appropriate for master or even release.  Who
>>> should I add that can review and then shepherd things from gerrit to git?
>>
>> I've wondered that too.  ITK has a list here:
>> <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Gerrit/Reviewers>
>>
>> But I don't know of one for VTK.
>
> Yeah, I found the ITK one but it was course not much use for VTK.
>
> I've taken to examining 'git log --stat' and 'git shortlog' on the files in
> question and trying to choose someone who seems knowledgeable.

I will see about putting together a similar list for VTK. I will try
to dig into some of your patches and assign appropriate
reviewers/review them. I am certainly not a bad choice for some of the
rendering changes.

We have an internal test Gerrit server where we can do some build
testing on topics in much the same was as ITK on commits. I am hoping
to get this ready to be rolled out in the next few weeks to streamline
the build testing side of this. I will grab the branch and push it
there to see how well it builds.

Marcus