[vtk-developers] Warnings in vtkfreetype

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Nov 23 11:59:35 EST 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:22:22 -0500, Bill Lorensen said:

>Could you take a look at the warnings in ftbitmap.c
>http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=1752417

Bill,

Yeah, I'm aware of it, and a few others.

After I update freetype, I pass on dashboard warnings to the freetype folks, and they fix them, but the problem is that other warnings get introduced, which they don't catch because they don't have extensive testing like VTK does, nor do they release release candidates for us to try first.

Fixing the dashboard warnings requires diverging from the version of freetype used, which complicates future merges of newer freetypes.

Isn't there a facility to suppress warnings from 3rd party code?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com