[vtk-developers] VTK classes useful for meshless methods visualization

Gelas, Arnaud Joel Florent Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 24 18:37:33 EDT 2011

Dear Michel,

If I understood what you meant is that you work in 3D and you want to represent the interface of an implicit function represented by CSRBF where coefficients evolve based on some PDE ?

"The most effective way" is then to sample your implicit function on a grid (size of the grid should depends on the separation and fill distance; make sure to use a kd-tree for the evaluation of the implicit function it really speeds up the process), and then use the Marching Cubes to generate the mesh. Note that you could also use this for moving least squares technique.

If your point remains next to the interface, and the sampling is not too bad you can consider some approximation that are not (to my knowledge) yet in vtk.

I can give you some more tips/advices but it fairly depends on the problem you have and the way you want to solve it.

HTH,
Arnaud