[vtk-developers] vtkOpenGLImageActor doesn't support non-power of two textures

Roger Bramon Feixas rogerbramon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 05:08:03 EST 2011

Hi,

I have some problems rendering large 2D images (4728 x 5928 pixels) with VTK
5.6.1. I've noticed that vtkOpenGLImageActor makes a texture of 8192x8192 to
allocate an image of 4728 x 5928. Therefore, vtkOpenGLImageActor isn't
working with non-power of two textures.

I know that vtkOpenGLTexture supports non-power of two textures if graphics
card supports OpenGL 2 and I would like to know if vtkOpenGLImageActor could
support it too. Perhaps, could vtkOpenGLImageActor use vtkOpenGLTexture
class instead of loading the texture itself?

Thanks for your attention,

Roger