[vtk-developers] vtkRenderWindow Stereo fullscreenON does not work

Sergio Aguirre sergio.aguirre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:12:57 EST 2011

Hi everyone

I am experiencing some trouble when trying to run code in Stereoscopic
Display Crystal Eyes type in full screen.

Basically I set up a vtkRenderWindow and unless I set the height to 975 or
less it wont render in stereo. Apparently window width is not an issue. (see
below.

  vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
  renWin->AddRenderer( ren1 );
  renWin->StereoCapableWindowOn();
  renWin->StereoRenderOn();
  renWin->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
  //renWin->FullScreenOn(); //WONT RENDER IN STEREO
  renWin->SetSize( 1680, 975 ); // MAXIMUM HEIGHT THAT WILL RENDER STEREO.

I have an Nvidia QuadroFX 3700 running on Win7 with a Samsung 2233rz.

Is there a reason for this? Is there anything I can do to enable fullscreen
correctly in stereo?

Hope you can help.

Sergio