[vtk-developers] vtkPolyBoolean

Laurent Chauvin lchauvin at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:44:51 EST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to cut a vtk model in 2 models with a finite plan.
I am using vtkClipPolyData, but I have trouble when I want to use
vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter on result of clipping.

After clipping, my model is cut in 2 pieces, but they are still part of the
same model (I can't move one part without moving the other one).
I would like to use vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter with Seed option (put a
fiducial on first part, run the filter, put the fiducial on second part, and
re-run the filter).

But when I run the filter, all my model is returned (not only one part).

I found an old example of this procedure, but instead of using
vtkClipPolyData, they are using an old class vtkPolyBoolean.

Do you know why this class has been removed ?
And, do you have an idea why all my model is returned after applying the
filter, and not only the part where the seed is.

Thank you.
Laurent.
--
Laurent Chauvin, MS